Service Manual Instruction for Disassembling and Assembling Hydraulic Equipment
Using a service manual for any disassembly is of the upmost importance. In the below article we will look at the different steps needed for fixing a Hydraulic Equipment. First and foremost you need to get a Service Manual. With your service manual you can follow the detailed instructions for:
(1) Removing hydraulic equipment assembly
1. Before removing pipes, release the pressure of hydraulic oil tank, or open the cover on the return side to tank, and take out the filter.
2. Drain the oil in the removed pipes into pan to prevent the oil from spilling on the ground.
3. Pipes with plugs or caps to prevent oil leaking, entry of dust, etc.
4. Clean the outside surface of equipment, etc. before disassembling, and drain hydraulic oil and gear oil before putting them on working bench.
(2) Disassembling hydraulic equipment
1. Since performance and function of hydraulic equipment after disassembly and assembly results in immunity from responsibility on the manufacture’s side, disassembly, assembly and modification without permission are strictly prohibited.
2. If it is unavoidably necessary to disassemble and modify, it should be carried out by experts or personnel qualified through service training.
3. Make match mark on parts for reassembling.
4. Before disassembling, read Disassembling Instruction in advance, and determine if the disassembly and assembly are permitted or not.
5. For parts which are required to use jig and tools, don’t fail to use the specified jig and tools.
6. For parts which can not be removed in the specified procedure, never force removal. First check for the cause.
7. The removed parts should be put in order and tagged so as to install on proper places without confusion.
8. For common parts, pay attention to the quantity and places.
(3) Inspecting parts
1. Check that the disassembled parts are free from adherence, interference and uneven working face.
2. Measure the wear of parts and clearance, and record the measured values.
3. If an abnormality is detected, repair or replace the parts.
(4) Reassembling hydraulic equipment
1. During the parts cleaning, ventilate the room.
2. Before assembly, clean parts roughly first, and then completely.
3. Remove adhering oil by compressed air, and apply hydraulic oil or gear oil, and then assemble them.
4. Replace the removed O-ring, back-up rings and oil seal with new ones, and apply grease oil on them before assembling.
5. Removes dirt and water on the surface on which liquid sealant are applied, decrease them, and apply liquid sealant on them.
6. Before assembling, remove rust preventives on new parts.
7. Use special tools to fit bearings, bushing and oil seal.
8. Assemble parts matching to the marks.
9. After completion, check that there is no omission of parts.
(5) Installing hydraulic equipment
1. Confirm hydraulic oil and lubrication oil.
2. Air release is required in the following cases ;
a. Change of hydraulic oil
b. Replacement of parts on suction pipe side
c. Removing and attaching hydraulic pump
d. Removing and attaching swing motor
e. Removing and attaching travel motor
f. Removing and attaching hydraulic cylinder
3. For air bleed of hydraulic pump and swing motor, loosen drain plug on the upper part, start engine, and run in low idling, then bleed air until hydraulic oil is comes out. After completion of comes, tighten plug securely.
4. For air bleed of travel motor and hydraulic cylinder, starts engine and operate it for 10 minutes or more at noload and low speed.
5. Air in pilot circuit can be bleed out by only operating digging, swing and traveling motions thoroughly.
6. Check hydraulic oil level. Move attachments to hydraulic oil check position, and check hydraulic oil level of tank. Refill oil if the oil level is lower than the specified level.
How to check oil level of hydraulic oil tank
If hydraulic oil and lubricating oil are not filled and also air bleed is not performed, the hydraulic equipment may be
We hope that this article was helpful to undestand the basics steps of disassembling and assembling any hydraulic equipment. Do not forget to get your guide at our Shop.